Tuesday 23 October 2018

Slowly getting there.

Slowly everything is coming together but still not sure I will be able to complete before Saturday morning.
The weather forecast for Friday evening and Saturday morning is snow and heavy winds so the weather might stop all activities but I keep on working.
One problem is that it gets dark just 2 hours after I get home from work so the time working in daylight is limited.

Weather proofing of the balun, relay and preamp for the horizontal antennas is a task and I was convinced I had a decent box for it but can't find it anywhere so I just bolted everything onto a piece of 2 mm alu sheet and covered it with a plastic storage box.
Have ordered a couple of new boxes but they will arrive next week.

Have made all cables and the H/V relay and V preamp box done so everything just needs to be connected together and the two RX cables drawn into the shack.

Got my high power permit a few day ago so now I am allowed to use 1kW output power again.
But I have only about 700W or so from the PQL amp and had no time to complete the Italab amp yet but it will be OK with that.

One funny thing is that there has been nearly 4500 readers to this blog and only one comment.
A few times I have consciously wrote something that was not fully correct but still no comments.

Planned to have the Friday off work to sort out the last pieces but forecast is rain the whole day so maybe that is not such a good idea after all.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning.
    This Morning I decided to break my silence and leave a comment......:)
    I think most of your readers like myself, are just so impressed by your progress we are just to overwhelmed to leave any messages.
    I think many are like me, in "Snoop Dogg" mode watching everyday to see if there is any progress.
    Keep up the good work and you are making great Progress.
    You remain an Inspiration.

    73
    John ZS6JON

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tnx John for your comment.

    I think its more like a fool at work don't need any encouragement or don't feed the beast :)

    // Sverker

    ReplyDelete