Saturday 20 October 2018

8 Antennas feeding done.

Today I was able to finalize the feeding structure of the horizontal array.
The results was quite good after some tuning with moving the teflon pieces to acheive the best match.
Will try to move them more equal and for a good support tomorrow.
I struggled a bit finding a good solution to attach the balun in a good way so it took some time to complete and to assemble everything completely alone cause some extra moment to prevent anything brake or bend.
































Next is to build the new relay box and to make some new cables for dual pol RX and also for the horisontal preamp that will be positioned closes to the balun possible and I need a TX cable into the relay box too.

Did some supports for the open wires to and hopefully it is enaugh but I need to make a second support for the balun and relay and cables as only one is propably not enaugh.

















Needed to bend it or it would hit the mast when elevating and I need to have 70 degree elevation for to gain access to the the feeding.
Hopefully I will have the time to finalize everything for the first ARRL weekend but I have some other work to do also.

No comments:

Post a Comment