Monday 3 September 2018

Power limitations

Swedish PTS has decided that a general output power limit for amateur radio in Sweden will be 200W only on all bands from the 1 of November.
If you have specific needs to use higher power you need a special permit but up to now no information on how, what fee and to who to apply for this permit.
So this could be an interesting future for EME in Sweden.
Hopefully the permit would be an easy formality and the handling time not too long.

Another funny thing I noticed the other day was a note in the June issue of the 432 and up EME newsletter that I am mainly QRV at contests and dxpeditions.
I have participated in 1 contests and worked 3 dxpeditions the last year but a total of close to 300 QSO's on the moon in the same time.
I do not know where it comes from but there is a higher activity on the band at contests and when dxpeditions are QRV so of coarse I am QRV then too but most of the time on the moon is spent any average day.
Maybe its from this blog where I maybe make notes and comments of dxpeditions and not so much otherwise.
So I need to be more active in between events :)

No comments:

Post a Comment