Thursday 20 September 2018

Antennas done

Finally all antennas are done to be put back in the mast.
Had some problems tuning the vertical antennas and at one point I thought I lost my mojo tuning these antennas but it turned out that for some reason I made all dipoles with to much angle to the back.
So I needed to make new dipoles and the problem was solved and all antennas are better then 35dB return loss.
Started yesterday evening to put them back and finalized the 4 upper ones and will continue with the lower ones today or tomorrow.
The time was late so it was dark out so not photos of the work.

Had some rainy days last week too so I made a bending fixture for the folded dipoles I will use.
Made it adjustable for material diameter and total length so I can use it for other 70cm antennas as well.
Tried to bend a 6mm solid aluminium rod without any problems at all and the 6mm copper tubing I will use was very easy to bend.

















One rainy day was spent making new stacking cables too but I wanted to measure the exact length when the antennas where in place, I only put connectors in one end and will make the other end now when I know the exact length.
Will use the same combiner as last year was used for the horizontal antennas and I will also make new 1/2 inch cables combining the two 4 groups.
Hopefully I will have the array up this weekend so I can continue with the folded dipoles and the open wire feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment