Friday 21 September 2018

Thunderstorm

Intended to continue the work with the antennas this afternoon after work but after an hour a thunderstorm was approaching from west.
Normally it is no problem but today we took a direct hit in what I have found out in a lightning pole on the front of the yard.
Some damages on switched PS and TV recevier and internet modem as well as the robotic lawn mower was damaged.
I hope its only the PS to the lawn mover so it will be an easy fix but whoos lucky. Not me:)
All outdoor lightning broke and two night light switches too and when I tried to exchange the bulb in the lighning pole the lid was welded shut so it needed to be broken free with force.
Thats why my guess is that it entered that way and the YL was standing in the stable door at the time and saw a huge flash and big smoke from the pole itself.

We got 12 mm of rain in 10 minutes and heavy winds caused a huge tree falling on my daughters yard but fortunately away from the house.



Tested all radios but could not find anything broken so I think we where lucky anyhow.
Have not tested everything yet but I normally switch all power off to the schack and all SDR radios have their ethernet cables disconected.
Need to go and source some new parts tomorrow and fix the stuff that broke so maybe no antenna work but sunday is free so hopefully I will get the antenas up.



No comments:

Post a Comment