Saturday 1 September 2018

Some progress.

All antennas are done with regards of placing elements but the dipoles are not done yet.
The delivery of bulkhead connectors for the semi rigid .250 Cables was delayed so I decided to continue with RFC400 cables instead.
Had some issues at first tunig dipoles with the RFC Cable but sorted it out and has designed and are printing out mounting plates for the dipole elements and have prepared all 1/4 stub cables.


Sourced a pile of new relay too as I need at least three for the switching of polarisation and RX/TX switching.
Will have separate preamps and RX lines for both polarisations so I need two RX/TX relays and a third to switch the TX polarisation.
Will only switch between the polarisations at RX at first but will try to get some receiver so I can listen to both simultaniusly in Linrad.
I have a set of WSE receiver boxes for 2m and one option is to build a dual RX converter from 70cm to 2m or maybe an SDR radio with 2 RX port which can be used at the same time.



Will try to get the antennas up as soon as possible and preferable next week so I can continue with the building of folded dipoles and the new feeding.
The sleeve balun that will be from the 100 Ohms connection point to coaxial is allready done.
Need to build a fixture for the folded dipoles too but have one for 2m I build a few years back that I will reuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment