Sunday 17 September 2017

Almost done

This past Saturday was almost rain free the whole day so I was able to finish all the support structures for the antenna and feeding.
Missed out on some screws and washers that I need to purchase this week.
Did the rework of the old dipoles and assembled the dipoles for the new antennas and they only need to be mounted on the antennas and tuned.
Everything takes so much more time then planned so at the moment I am a bit behind schedule because I wanted to have the antennas up to the Italian contest this weekend but its not.
This week I will first complete the assembly of the antennas and ensure no loose screws anywhere and lift it up a few meters to mount and tune the antennas.
I also need to make all feeding cables and mount the azimuth rotator and test before everything goes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment