Sunday 5 May 2019

Finally an update :)

Finally an update of something.

Activity has been quite low and besides working the TO2MB and VP2EMB dxpeditions I have only worked a handfull QSO's.
Both TO2MB and VP2EMB was quite strong and easilly worked when all the big guns worked them.
Used H polarisation for both of them and the rig is working as usual.

In my struggle to work from time to time I discovered some time ago and written about before and that I need for more output Power.
That has now been solved by Peter PA2V who had 2 times R&S VH501 amplifiers with an original PS for sale and at May 1 myself and the YL drow down to PA land to pick them up and they are  now stored in the basement waiting the rebuild.
The plan is the use them in parallell to be able to use 1kW in to the antenna system as my permit allows and the amplifiers will handle this with ease.
Anyone with 7/16 connector relays suitable for 70cm. please send me an email.





















The trip was smooth besides some unexpected snowfall on the way home and we had a couple of really nice hours with Peter and Petra at his QTH.
A very nice setup and I am really impressed with his ability to work at the very urban QTH he has.
I start to appreciate my noice free QTH more.

When we earlier lived in the city both 2m and 70cm was very noicy and spurs pretty much everywhere and EME would be impossible there at the time when we moved.
Worked some EME from that QTH in the 90's but TVI stopped me from using more then 350W and using 4 times 8.5 Lambda DJ9BVs and CW limited the nr of stations workable.

Right now the time is spent building in the barn and making firewood for the winter but also planning for the summer activity and experiments too.
Have some very early ideas of a new antenna setup that I will start to evaluate during the summertime.
Working on a list of aluminium material I need to order soon for new antennas.



No comments:

Post a Comment