Tuesday 22 January 2019

Good Condx

No update since before Christmas but not much of interest has actually happened here besides the last weekend where there has been some excellent propagation on the moon.
Worked BD9BU for what I know is a first BY-SM QSO.
7 new initials and several of them are single long yagi stations with a few hundred watts.
But the really nice QSO was with Ian MM0GYX who used a single 15 el and 100W which is nothing more than amazing that it actually works but he was quite easy to work and i hrd him at -26db

















Besides from that I spent most of the time relaxing with the family in the Christmas and New Year break and some carpentry work in the barn.
I have also started rebuilding a Softrock Ensamble RX/TX for 630m that seems like an interesting band.
I trew up a 85m inverted L antenna and hooked it up to the electrical fence and the 80m vertical ground and I do hear very well.

Have also been out planning for a 4 square on 80m for next season and I found a suitable field that will not be used from September to April so I will use that.
It will be a temporary setup where I have the ground radials laying on top of the ground so I can easily remove it in the spring so the horses can use it again for their food.
Main problem is that it is 200m from the house and I will need to either sit in the barn to work or make a remote station between the barn and the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment